6.30.2008

why i've started in the northwest

I was thinking maybe it was storms, how they always seem to roll in from the west, the southwest or the northwest, and how I somehow think that's where beginnings happen, even though the old atavistic yearning has been to go west, to move west, and here it's rolling east. Whatever. The truth is that my parents live with my sister in the WNW section of the city and I end up spending a lot of time in that area (I also work at Guilford College, so). I live on the opposite end of town in Glenwood. I say all this because the West & Northwest gets all the fancy stuff already anyway, and here I am highlighting it some more. The truth is it does have all the huge nice parks and trails and greenways and watersheds. The rest of the city is in desperate need of some of that kind of thing.

No comments: